Status: Part-time, up to 25 hours/week, 100 hours/month
Compensation: Up to $15/hour
Duration: Indefinite (as work is available)
Work schedule: Flexible
Job Title: Junior Systems Administrator
Job Summary: Position is responsible for daily systems management and technical support for existing and future AWS cloud / SaaS deployments.
– Ability to diagnose complex application issues within a Linux cli environment (CentOS & RedHat).
– Provide technical support via helpdesk & Email with the possibility of phone interactions.
– React quickly to system monitoring alerts.
– Familiarity to install & configure server operating systems and packages such as Postgres, Jetty, ActiveMQ.
– Effectively escalate advanced system issues to Senior Administrators.
– Adequate *nix command line experience.
– Familiarity reading & writing simple SQL queries.
– Knowledge of simple bash scripting to automate daily tasks.
– Familiarity with AWS EC2 & VMWare vSphere environments.
– Ability to proactively troubleshoot and document support occurrences.
– Familiarity with DNS and common web application errors.
– Adaptability to work within new and emerging technologies.
– Passion to advance internal & external systems as a whole.
Perform any other related duties as assigned by Senior Administration and Technology directors.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org